Emergency Response Information|
EXPLOSIVE SUBSTANCES AND ARTICLES WITH A MASS EXPLOSION HAZARD (DIVISION 1.1)
- Explosive substances or articles containing explosives (e.g. ammunition).
- May have additional toxic or corrosive risks.
- Mass explosion hazard, affecting almost the entire load instantaneously, when heated or burning.
- Projection hazard: high velocity fragments or burning debris may cause secondary fires.
- Violent blast wave may cause severe damage in an area of up to several hundred metres e.g. glass parts.
- May give off toxic or corrosive fumes in a fire.
3. Personal Protection
- Self contained breathing apparatus.
4. Intervention Actions
- No smoking, eliminate ignition sources. Do not use electrical devices in the vicinity of the cargo.
- Keep distance and use any suitable protected position immediately.
- PUBLIC SAFETY HAZARD – Warn people nearby and evacuate the danger area immediately.
- Minimize number of personnel in risk area.
- DO NOT TOUCH dropped or projected substances or articles.
- If required, notify Competent Authorities.
- DO NOT TAKE MEASURES! Seek specialist advice immediately.
- If substance has entered a water course or sewer, inform the responsible authority.
4.3 Fire (involving the substance)
- DO NOT FIGHT FIRE, let it burn.
- Only if fire has not reached the cargo area yet, fight fire by any means available.
- Work from protected position to reduce risk to personnel. Use unmanned monitors or lances.
- Evacuate the public from the risk area in a radius of at least 1000 m.
- Keep emergency response personnel away from the risk area in a radius of at least 500 m .
- Keep area clear and maintain surveillance for at least 6 hours.
5. First Aid
- In case of burns, immediately cool affected skin for as long as possible with cold water. Do not remove clothing adhering to skin.
- Persons, who have been in contact with the substance or have inhaled fumes should get immediate medical attention. Pass on all available product information.
6. Essential Precautions For Product Recovery
- Do not use standard recovery equipment. Seek specialist advice immediately.
7. Precautions After Intervention
- Seek specialist advice for decontamination procedures.
7.2 Equipment Clean Up
- Seek specialist advice before leaving accident.